Job Title: Compliance Associate
Momentum Pensions Group is one of the world’s leading International Pensions providers, and operates through four entities in Malta, Gibraltar, the Isle of Man and United Kingdom. The company is currently seeking to employ a Compliance Associate in the UK.
Main responsibilities of the role
Assisting the Compliance Manager - UK in the day-to-day running of the compliance activities, focusing on:
- SIPP client file audits
- Undertaking ongoing compliance
- Maintaining Terms of Business with Advisers and Investment Providers
- Dealing with requests and queries received from Regulatory and law enforcement authorities.
- Liaison with other Group offices.
- Maintaining compliance records.
- Providing compliance support to Management, Administration, Sales and Intermediary teams.
- Supporting the Compliance Manager to deliver Money Laundering, Data Protection and general compliance training to colleagues and contribute to an effective Compliance culture within the business.
- Executing assigned projects in line with the UK Compliance plan and on an adhoc basis.
- Assist in the development and ongoing review of in-house controls and compliance policies and procedures, thereby ensuring operation within regulatory requirements.
- Support the Compliance Manager in monitoring regulatory updates and guidance from the FCA and support the team in providing concise and informative summaries to the business.
- Support the investigation of regulatory complaints in accordance with DISP and maintaining the complaints register.
- Maintain the breaches register and report accordingly.
- Assist in the client due diligence process and the recording of suspicious transactions.
Experience and knowledge required
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience within the UK Financial Services industry for at least 3 years, preferably with a Pensions provider.
- Awareness of compliance impacts on business, ideally gained within pensions sector
- Understanding of Client Money and Asset Rules
- Awareness of UK Pensions Compliance and the FCA handbook and associated regulations/legislation
- Ability to assess compliance risk to the business
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate clearly at all levels both internally and externally
- Strong report writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to within tight timescales
To apply, send a CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org